Foster shower tomorrow
Things are looking up!
- I’ve been trying really hard to find contentment in the here and now. I have a bad habit of wishing days, weeks, months away. And I don’t want to look back on this time and not have any lasting memories. Yes, I know my haiku really goes against what I just wrote. But a girl has to be excited about something, right?
- I did not want to wake up this morning. I wanted to sleep the day away. Never mind those kindergarten students who are eager to
talk to their friendslearn. I wanted to pull the covers back over my head and sleep till my body told me to wake up, not the radio playing on our alarm. But I found myself repeating, “This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.” And I got up. After hitting the snooze button. Twice.
- We were (almost)parents… our first placement call came a week ago for a 1 month-old and 2 1/2 year-old. While it was a heartbreaking decision to make, we had to tell them no. At this point, with no parenting experience at all, that seemed like a lot to take on. We are licensed to take sibling groups, but have really been hoping and praying that we could start out with a single child. The call came the day after my birthday while we were on our way to my parents’ house to celebrate with a few of my siblings. Needless to say, after turning them down I cried off and on the rest of the way while D was silent. The placement coordinator was really sweet and reassured me that they “would get us a kiddo soon,” but our decision has weighed heavily on my mind ever since.
My (not a chance!) Christmas List:
- These boots
- This new camera to document our foster parent journey
- This crafty cutting machine that would make projects so easy and fun!